Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

Anonymous
Not applicable

The content will be shown once the row is selected.

Hi all,

I created 2 tables to show every incident (left) and the describtion (right). What I want to show is a blank table on the right , and if any row of left table is selected, the description will be shown up.  How can I achive the result?

Thank you in advance! 

babyjb123_0-1676068134155.png

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
v-stephen-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @Anonymous ,

Could you please tell me that is your problem solved? As @TomMartens  said, the ISFILTERED function is the key.

However, you also first have to make sure that there's no relationship between your two table visuals. About more details of relationships, please refer to

Create and manage relationships in Power BI Desktop - Power BI | Microsoft Learn

And then create a measure.

Measure = IF(ISFILTERED('Table'[Number]),1)

Put the measure into the visual-level filters, and set up show items when the values is 1.

vstephenmsft_0-1676272735025.png

Below is the result, when any row of the left table visual is selected, the right visual will display the data.

vstephenmsft_1-1676272768107.png

Best Regards,

Stephen Tao

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.           

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
v-stephen-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @Anonymous ,

Could you please tell me that is your problem solved? As @TomMartens  said, the ISFILTERED function is the key.

However, you also first have to make sure that there's no relationship between your two table visuals. About more details of relationships, please refer to

Create and manage relationships in Power BI Desktop - Power BI | Microsoft Learn

And then create a measure.

Measure = IF(ISFILTERED('Table'[Number]),1)

Put the measure into the visual-level filters, and set up show items when the values is 1.

vstephenmsft_0-1676272735025.png

Below is the result, when any row of the left table visual is selected, the right visual will display the data.

vstephenmsft_1-1676272768107.png

Best Regards,

Stephen Tao

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.           

TomMartens
Super User
Super User

Hey @Anonymous ,

you can try to create a measure, that is leveraging the function ISFILTERED: ISFILTERED – DAX Guide in combination with a relationship column if a relationship exists.

Hopefully, this provides you with an idea of how to tackle your challenge.

Regards,

Tom

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution, this will help others!

Proud to be a Super User!
I accept Kudos 😉
Hamburg, Germany

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.