Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

CetinT
Frequent Visitor

Temp Table

Hi,

I want to crate a temp table for my calculation. You can find smaple data below. When I filter "MONTH" I want to see all "ITEM" names but I want to see only total of buyed items "QTY" and "AMOUNT" in that month. I already tried CALCULATEDTABLE but I could't make it? Could you help me?

SAMPLE DATA

MONTHITEM NAMEQTYAMOUNT
JanITEM110100
JanITEM111111
JanITEM21155
JanITEM3530
JanITEM4648
JanITEM41081
JanITEM61199
JanITEM72060
FebITEM1555
FebITEM240220
FebITEM31279,2
FebITEM420176
FebITEM420180
FebITEM525250
FebITEM71136,3
MarITEM110115
MarITEM2424
MarITEM3749
MarITEM31071
MarITEM4654
MarITEM5333
MarITEM6110

What I want to see? (forexample when I filter "Jan")

ITEM NAMETOT. QTYTOT. AMOUNT
ITEM121211
ITEM21155
ITEM3530
ITEM416129
ITEM500
ITEM61199
ITEM72060

Thanks.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
davehus
Memorable Member
Memorable Member

Hi @CetinT ,

See if the attached example will help. Bare in mind that you will need to change the month in the temp table as this is calculated in memory and not on the fly. I've created a table called summarized using and then another called summarized product. I've used lookupvalue so that you get the null values you need also.

HTH

Did I help you today? Please accept my solution and hit the Kudos button.

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
davehus
Memorable Member
Memorable Member

Hi @CetinT ,

See if the attached example will help. Bare in mind that you will need to change the month in the temp table as this is calculated in memory and not on the fly. I've created a table called summarized using and then another called summarized product. I've used lookupvalue so that you get the null values you need also.

HTH

Thank you @davehus . Good solution. 

Very Welcome. 🙂

Hi @davehus ,

I have another question about this 🙄. If I want to make virtual table in memory or on the fly (your description) Ho can I do it?

davehus
Memorable Member
Memorable Member

Hi @CetinT ,

You can achieve this by adding the month to the report canvas as a slicer and then adding the Item and values to a matrix table. There is no calculatetable required.

This link will show you how to display items with not data in the matrix.

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/power-bi/create-reports/desktop-show-items-no-data

Hope this helps

Hi davehus,

Thank you for your message. But I don't want show tables in to report. Actually I want to calculate inflation rate between two selected months. That's why I want to create two different table and make calculation between to temp tables.

Regards

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.