Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

tuulia
Helper IV
Helper IV

Tabular Model Last_data_update to Power BI

Hi! How can I display the last refresh-date/time of SSAS tabular model in Power BI-report?

This query from model returns the correct result, but how can I make a measure from it:

SELECT TOP 1 [LAST_DATA_UPDATE]
FROM $System.MDSCHEMA_CUBES
WHERE [catalog_name] = 'my_model_name'
ORDER BY [LAST_DATA_UPDATE] DESC

Is there a way to create this "measure" in model or do I have to write the result of the query to SQL Server table first (and how to do it)?

2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS
amitchandak
Super User
Super User

@tuulia , based on what I got. you need add the table and then you can get max using  measure like

maxx(all(Table), [LAST_DATA_UPDATE])

View solution in original post

v-luwang-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @tuulia ,

The following article tells about how to extract data ,it may be helpful for you!

How to effectively extract data from an OLAP cube by relying upon T-SQL

Best Regards

Lucien

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
v-luwang-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @tuulia ,

The following article tells about how to extract data ,it may be helpful for you!

How to effectively extract data from an OLAP cube by relying upon T-SQL

Best Regards

Lucien

Thank you, this is very useful!

amitchandak
Super User
Super User

@tuulia , based on what I got. you need add the table and then you can get max using  measure like

maxx(all(Table), [LAST_DATA_UPDATE])

Thank you, I think this is what I need. I just can't find the right solution to write mdx-query result to DW-table..

selimovd
Super User
Super User

Hey @tuulia ,

I would recommend to do that in Power Query. Like this whenever the data model is refreshed also the date and time is refreshed, so the user can see the real date/time of the last refresh.

Follow the first approach in the following article:

How to Add the Last Refreshed Date and Time to a Power BI Report (enhansoft.com)

If you need any help please let me know.
If I answered your question I would be happy if you could mark my post as a solution ✔️ and give it a thumbs up 👍

Best regards
Denis

Thank you, but it's not possible to use Power Query when PBI is connected "live" to tabular model..

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors