Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

saisuraj

Tables from the same Excel worksheet is not being detected while loading the excel into the Power Bi

While loading the data from an Excel workbook that has multi tables in a worksheet..Power BI Desktop is not able to detect the tables from the worksheet. It is displaying worksheet rather than tables. can someone help to fix this ?

4 REPLIES 4
saisuraj

@amitchandak does the extension of excel i.e. xlsb have the impact in recognizing the tables?

amitchandak
Super User
Super User

@saisuraj , If the table has been marked as a table in excel, you should see it below , refer screenshot

amitchandak_0-1666408611069.png

Hello, @amitchandak Yes, I was expecting the same...but i am not able to find the Suggested Tables in the bottom pane...not in the top pane...Though my Power BI Desktop is May'22 version

@saisuraj , I am seeing this for quite some time, as this is my demo file. In excel it should be a table

amitchandak_0-1666412246660.png

Update to latest version and check, if there is an issue too, you can log an issue

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.