Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn a 50% discount on the DP-600 certification exam by completing the Fabric 30 Days to Learn It challenge.

Alta88
Helper IV
Helper IV

Table visuals not refreshing with data

Hi Everyone,

I've got a report that is set to refresh daily at 3 am. Lately, though, whenever I go into the report the table visuals don't seem to display the refreshed data. This is very strange because I'm using a SQL query to pull data into the report's tables and our database has regular refresh times throughout the day as well. 

4 REPLIES 4
Alta88
Helper IV
Helper IV

Ok, thanks @v-jiewu-msft. Looks like my credentials are correct so it must be another unknown issue, then. I'll keep trouble-shooting.

Alta88
Helper IV
Helper IV

Thanks @v-jiewu-msft; after checking through each of the items you mentioned, I think the issue may be due to recent changes in credentials. How do I verify that?

Hi @Alta88 ,

To verify the credentials, you can follow these steps:

1.  Click on the Data source settings button in the Home tab.
  2. Select the data source that you want to verify and click on the Edit Permission button.

3. In the Edit Permissions dialog box, you can verify your credentials.
  4. If you credentials are incorrect, you can update them by entering the correct credentials.
v-jiewu-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @Alta88 ,

If I understand correctly, your issue is that the table visuals don’t display the refreshed data. To solve the issue, you can follow these steps:

1.Check the Refresh history to confirm that the dataset is indeed refreshing as scheduled.

vjiewumsft_0-1701222996717.png

vjiewumsft_1-1701222996720.png

2.Ensure that there are no connectivity issues between the report and the SQL database. Check for any recent changes in credentials that might be affecting the connection.

3.Check if there are any filters applied to the table visuals that might be limiting the data displayed.

4.Look for Caching issues. Try to clear the cache or use new In private window to see if the data is refreshed.

Looking forward to your replay.

Best Regards,

Wisdom

Helpful resources

Announcements
LearnSurvey

Fabric certifications survey

Certification feedback opportunity for the community.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.