Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

lmilley
Frequent Visitor

Table doesnt resize

I have done something to my Power BI desktop Matrix visualization so that it doesn't resize when I resize the window. The window gets bigger but the actual table stays the same and I just add more white space around the table. 

Thanks for any help!

6 REPLIES 6
matyy

I created an idea for that.

If you want to vote you can do that here: https://ideas.fabric.microsoft.com/ideas/idea/?ideaid=8fff3b93-0499-ee11-a81c-000d3ae3b222

Adamboer
Responsive Resident
Responsive Resident

It sounds like the "Fixed Size" option might have been enabled in the formatting options for the Matrix visualization in Power BI desktop. To resize the Matrix visualization with the window, you can try disabling the "Fixed Size" option by selecting the Matrix visualization and navigating to the "Format" pane. Under the "General" section, you should see a toggle for "Fixed Size." Make sure this option is turned off. Additionally, you can check if any custom column width or row height has been set which might be causing the issue. In the "Column Width" and "Row Height" sections of the "Format" pane, make sure all values are set to "Auto." After making these changes, the Matrix visualization should resize along with the window.

Thanks for answer. I couldnt find that setting anywhere!

There is an Image Height that oddly didnt change when I changed it. 

Auto size width under Options also doesn't change this behaviour. 

When I change the Column Header font size or the actual data font size, the matrix stays the same size and just gets crowded.

v-shex-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @lmilley,

Did you mean to keep the visual layout when report page size changes? If that is the case, you can try to lock the objects and it can't be modified.

1.PNG

Regards,

Xiaoxin Sheng

Community Support Team _ Xiaoxin
If this post helps, please consider accept as solution to help other members find it more quickly.

Thanks for your answer. I actually meant the window of the specific visualization rather than my entire screen. So when I resize just one matrix visualization: instead of the matrix itself becoming larger but still filling the visualization's "box", the actual matrix stays the same size and the box fills with white space. 

HI @lmilley,

So you mean to keep these visual layout and percentage of visuals when the report resized?

AFAIK, current power does not include this type of feature to sync layouts. Perhaps you can submit an idea about add support with this requirement.

Regards,

Xiaoxin Sheng

Community Support Team _ Xiaoxin
If this post helps, please consider accept as solution to help other members find it more quickly.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.