Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

BiFool

Table contains Null values

Hi All

I am trying to create a relationship between to imported Excel tables. The error message states that the relationship cannot be made because the id column contains null values .

Now there are no null values in this column .... Have check and rechecked. I have impotred the same data into excel and created the relationship in Powerpivot with no problem.

Any ideas ?

Thanks in advance

BiF

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
GilesWalker
Skilled Sharer
Skilled Sharer

There are a few things you can try.

1: Check in the Data view table in Power BI and scroll to the bottom of the data and see if there is anything at the bottom of the data. Sometimes there can be null values here.

2: Is the data your pulling from excel in a table? I.e. have you converted the data into an actual table by inserting one? This can sometimes fix the issue.

3: If you can convert the excel data into CSV's this can fix the issue. 

Lastly, what are the values in the ID column? Are they numbers/letters/mix of both? 

Hope this helps.

Giles

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
GilesWalker
Skilled Sharer
Skilled Sharer

There are a few things you can try.

1: Check in the Data view table in Power BI and scroll to the bottom of the data and see if there is anything at the bottom of the data. Sometimes there can be null values here.

2: Is the data your pulling from excel in a table? I.e. have you converted the data into an actual table by inserting one? This can sometimes fix the issue.

3: If you can convert the excel data into CSV's this can fix the issue. 

Lastly, what are the values in the ID column? Are they numbers/letters/mix of both? 

Hope this helps.

Giles

I am having this same issue. I have loaded two tables....they both show up in the relationships view and i know the data is there because it shows up in visualizations, but one of them only shows nulls in the data view and manage relationships. I've tried replacing the table a couple times, but everything comes up as null. 

The data still present in the Power BI, because the visualizations work properly, but when clicking on the data view I can't see. Whatever, when I clicked on the edit queries the data stay there. 

Anonymous
Not applicable

Please check both column ..refernece and referecing , Would like to paste here excel screensot or send me dummy excel data i will try

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.