Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

inservo
Helper I
Helper I

Table Visual - How can I rename the columns for a specific page?

Hello there,

I have a table visual in my dashboard. The attributes (or measures I guess is what PowerBI calls them) have ugly names, like with underscores instead of spaces. Is there a way I can rename these Column headers (I am NOT talking about the header / title of the visual) to something more "readable".

I thought I have used that function somewhere but can't remember for the life of me, where it was 😉

Thank you in advance.

inservo

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
HassanAshas
Helper V
Helper V

Click on your Table Visual and in the Visualization Pane, you can easily rename your columns as you wish to. 

HassanAshas_0-1678464036811.png

If you want to change the Measure names in all your visuals, then the better approach would be to change the Measure name from the Fields Pane. 

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
HassanAshas
Helper V
Helper V

Click on your Table Visual and in the Visualization Pane, you can easily rename your columns as you wish to. 

HassanAshas_0-1678464036811.png

If you want to change the Measure names in all your visuals, then the better approach would be to change the Measure name from the Fields Pane. 

I had the same problem and this solution helped me solve it.
I add the image with the options in Spanish, where the translation is not accurate and confusing. The item, which is a column, is renamed for this visual. It's not the same as saying "Rename this visual" when we understand that the visual is the entire table:

MatiVera_1-1707234651765.png

Thank you!

whoa... this was lightning fast. Thanks a lot @HassanAshas 

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.