Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

niki_b
Helper I
Helper I

Table/ Matrix Visuals (turning off grid)

Hi All,

I have many scenarios where the table/matrix visual in my report still has grid lines even though I turned off the grid. And at some places, the horizontal grid is inconsistent.

This is how my table looks like in the desktop when vertical grid is turned off.

niki_b_2-1630080995376.png

And the same table looks like this in my embedded report.

niki_b_3-1630081021847.png

Is it a bug or I am missing anything?

Thanks in advance.

5 REPLIES 5
v-shex-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @niki_b,

Where are you configure these properties? Did you edit and publish to replace the old versions or directly change on the power bi service side?
Have you tried to enter the edit mode to check the grid properties if they have changed or keep the raw value but layout changes? (if you mean the second one, your scenario may relate to the layout issue of report render)
Regards,

Xiaoxin Sheng

Community Support Team _ Xiaoxin
If this post helps, please consider accept as solution to help other members find it more quickly.

Hi,

I am turning off the vertical grid for table in desktop and then replacing the existing file in Power BI service. The report is then embedded in a web application. I am not familiar with the report layout rendering issue. Could you please mention a link where anything is explained related to this. Thanks

Hi @niki_b,

Sure, you can check the following document about some advanced operations about the embedded report:

Create, edit, and save an embedded report | Microsoft Docs

After you can enable the edit option, your report will allow you to enter the 'format' panel of visual to confirm if its properties are different from the settings on your report.

Some comments on your scenarios:

1. Embed report settings have the same as service report settings but the visual layout does not change: Report loading/render issue.

2. Embed report keeps the old settings without any changes: Report changes/settings have not been committed/applied to the report.

BTW, what type of embedded features are you worked on? 'Publish to web' or 'power bi embedded'?

How to Get Your Question Answered Quickly

Regards,
Xiaoxin Sheng

If this post helps, please consider accept as solution to help other members find it more quickly.

Hi @v-shex-msft ,

Thanks a lot for your help. I am using Power BI embedded with A1 SKU.

Regards,

Nikita Batra

HI @niki_b,

Have you checked the property difference between the original report and embedded reports? Which authorization mode did you use to embed? (master user or service principal)
Regards,

Xiaoxin Sheng

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.