Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn a 50% discount on the DP-600 certification exam by completing the Fabric 30 Days to Learn It challenge.

icbd
Helper I
Helper I

TOP N filter not displaying the correct N

Good morning all,

I am trying to display a table of the Top 10 faults for a particular machine on a per week basis.

For some reason it displays a (seemingly) random number of faults and I am unsure why.

Here is a screenshot of the table as it is displayed right now.

icbd_0-1661873104825.png

This other table is from the exact same data and works correctly:

icbd_1-1661873256597.png

Any pointers as to why I'm seeing this behaviour would be great.

6 REPLIES 6
Jeanxyz
Post Prodigy
Post Prodigy

@icbd The filtering context of the two visuals are different. In visual 1, you filter in  configstation.id=1, in visual 2, configstation.id=2. Could it be in  Week 2022-07-17, there are only 2 items appearing because they are only two items meeting the condition configstation.id=1? 

vanessafvg
Super User
Super User

its hard to see without seeing what your model looks like.  also place your countid column on the page, that might give you some insight.

If I took the time to answer your question and I came up with a solution, please mark my post as a solution and /or give kudos freely for the effort 🙂 Thank you!

Proud to be a Super User!

It is in the "Amount" column which has been renamed.

what does your data model look like?

If I took the time to answer your question and I came up with a solution, please mark my post as a solution and /or give kudos freely for the effort 🙂 Thank you!

I simplified the model quite a bit, unfortunately everything is DirectQuery so I cannot upload a file.

Hope this helps you out in helping me. 

icbd_0-1661904423434.png

The date table is marked as such. I added a column to it to get the starting day of the week in there (sundays). This is what I am using to sort by week.

So long as I don't use the TOP N filter, everything works as intended.

I think the issue could lie in the fact that you have a many to many to many relationship between date and your table but im not sure without access to some sample data, the issue would almost certainly be in your model in my opinion.    are you placing the date from the date table?  if you swap it for the date in your table does it make any difference?

Helpful resources

Announcements
LearnSurvey

Fabric certifications survey

Certification feedback opportunity for the community.

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.