Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Grow your Fabric skills and prepare for the DP-600 certification exam by completing the latest Microsoft Fabric challenge.

Maeaex1
Frequent Visitor

Sync Filter on another page except one Slicer

Hi community,

I have a filter page with a lot of slicer visuals that shall help the user to narrow down products with his/her preferences. On anther "analysis" page they can select specific products and compare them with each other. On this page I have 3 Slicer Dropdowns with a single select where the user can choose the products that have been filtered from the earlier mentioned filter page (thorugh "Sync slicers"). These 3 products can be then analyzed and compared in depth.

However I want to have 1 of these slicers (Products non filtered in the screenshot) that is not dependent on the filter selection made on the "filter page". So the user has the possibility to compare at least one product from our whole universe that might have been filtered out because of a missclassification or some other reason. From my knowledge the "Sync Slicers" functionality is page dependent, but does not allow to be assigned to individual visuals? Is this correct? Or is there a workaround?

Maeaex1_0-1695374355544.png

Many Thanks!

Max

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
Ritaf1983
Super User
Super User

Hi @Maeaex1 
You can sync every slicer individually.

Please refer to the screens I recorded the link to download the MP4 is: The link 
Sample PBIX : Link to pbix 

More information is in the linked tutorial  :

https://learn.microsoft.com/en-us/power-bi/visuals/power-bi-visualization-slicers?tabs=powerbi-deskt...

If this post helps, then please consider Accepting it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
Ritaf1983
Super User
Super User

Hi @Maeaex1 
You can sync every slicer individually.

Please refer to the screens I recorded the link to download the MP4 is: The link 
Sample PBIX : Link to pbix 

More information is in the linked tutorial  :

https://learn.microsoft.com/en-us/power-bi/visuals/power-bi-visualization-slicers?tabs=powerbi-deskt...

If this post helps, then please consider Accepting it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly

Helpful resources

Announcements
RTI Forums Carousel3

New forum boards available in Real-Time Intelligence.

Ask questions in Eventhouse and KQL, Eventstream, and Reflex.

MayPowerBICarousel

Power BI Monthly Update - May 2024

Check out the May 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.