Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn a 50% discount on the DP-600 certification exam by completing the Fabric 30 Days to Learn It challenge.

prashantPBI
Regular Visitor

Summing values in a field

Hi Everybody,

I am working on some Health and Safety Data - could you please help with my problem.

I have a cloumn for Safety Classifications, within the coulmn I have Safety Interactions, Good Catch, Near Miss, First Aid, OSHA Recordables.

I can do a count on them and their individual numbers -

Safety Interactions - 300

Good Catch - 250

NearMiss - 50

First Aid  - 10

OSHA Recordable - 2

What I want to do is sum up Safety Interactions and Good Catch to create a visual in my dashboard that is called Proactives - with a total of 550. How do I do this?

Thanks a ton. 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
Anonymous
Not applicable

If I understood...

Proactives = CALCULATE(COUNT('Data Tracker'[Safety Classification]), 'Data Tracker'[Safety Classification] = "Safety Interactions" ) + 
CALCULATE(COUNT('Data Tracker'[Safety Classification]), 'Data Tracker'[Safety Classification] = "Good Catch" )

If I not understood, can you show your data?

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
Anonymous
Not applicable

@prashantPBI,

Create a new measure with the follwing code:

Proactives = COUNT(YOUR_TABLE[Safety Interactions]) + COUNT(YOUR_TABLE[Good Catch])

Hope it helps!

Hi @Anonymous

Thanks. But I should have been clearer. Both Safety Interactions and the Good Catch are within the same column in the table 

So my table name is Data Tracker - 

Column name is Safety Classification

The Safety Classification column has all the designations like Safety Interactions and Good Catch and I am having trouble summing that up. 

Hope that makes sense.

Anonymous
Not applicable

If I understood...

Proactives = CALCULATE(COUNT('Data Tracker'[Safety Classification]), 'Data Tracker'[Safety Classification] = "Safety Interactions" ) + 
CALCULATE(COUNT('Data Tracker'[Safety Classification]), 'Data Tracker'[Safety Classification] = "Good Catch" )

If I not understood, can you show your data?

Helpful resources

Announcements
LearnSurvey

Fabric certifications survey

Certification feedback opportunity for the community.