Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn a 50% discount on the DP-600 certification exam by completing the Fabric 30 Days to Learn It challenge.

jaredseal
Frequent Visitor

Summarize in Matrix, Not Show Detail

I have a disconnected table that is creating an income statement of sorts for our team. I have measures for each row.  Some rows have detail that are only applicable  to expenses (GL Account), but is not needed for Revenue.  

When I get to my measure that gives me Cash Flow From Operations, it repeats all the GL Accounts where they exist.  I can collapse the level of detail, but that would be confusing to users.  Any ideas on how to adjust my DAX to be able to show a calculated subtotal without showing any detail that may be a row level in the Matrix?

ProblemProblemLayoutLayoutMeasure on MatrixMeasure on MatrixMeasure causing issueMeasure causing issue

4 REPLIES 4
amitchandak
Super User
Super User

@amitchandak I cannot get  the matrix sub/grantotals to work because we are displaying informational items such volumes and prices.  So I am using a measure to calculate what the subtotal/grand total would show.  That measure is what is showing all the other row entires.

Hi @jaredseal ,

You can refer to the practice similar to this.

MyMeasure2 = IF(HASONEFILTER(Table[Year]),
IF(SUM(Table[Amount])<1000,0,SUM(Table[Amount])-1000),
SUMX(FILTER(Table,[Amount]>1000),[Amount]-1000)
)

Dealing with Measure Totals 

Best regards,
Lionel Chen

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

@Greg_Deckler   I tried following your example, but my problem remains.  Since I am displaying multiple types of information, I cannot use Matrix totals.  I am trying to calculate a subtotal, summation of data above, for the LOE section, but the subtotal is repeating all of the detail from the index column.  Any thoughts/tips?

Helpful resources

Announcements
LearnSurvey

Fabric certifications survey

Certification feedback opportunity for the community.

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.