Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

ghe7549
Helper III
Helper III

Sum total per categroy

I am trying to have the total Labor hours which is a measured column within the table public_work_order_logs per each class which is in its own table public_classes. 

But as you can see it is giving me the total sum for each class.  How can i fix this?

Below is my schema as well and i highlighted each column from the tables that i am usuing.

ghe7549_0-1608131739436.png

ghe7549_1-1608131860221.png

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
ghe7549
Helper III
Helper III

I found the issue it had to do with the relationships between my tables

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
ghe7549
Helper III
Helper III

I found the issue it had to do with the relationships between my tables

Greg_Deckler
Super User
Super User

@ghe7549 Well, something is either a measure or a calculated column. Looks like your Labor Hours is a calculated column. If I am reading your data model correctly the issue seems to be that your Class column (Name in public classes table?) is not related to your public works order log table and thus your Labor Hours calculation. You will need relationships defined with the directions of those relationships such that the first table filters the other. Also, it is almost certain that if Labor Hours is a calculated column you will need this to be a measure instead. 

@ me in replies or I'll lose your thread!!!
Instead of a Kudo, please vote for this idea
Become an expert!: Enterprise DNA
External Tools: MSHGQM
YouTube Channel!: Microsoft Hates Greg
Latest book!:
Mastering Power BI 2nd Edition

DAX is easy, CALCULATE makes DAX hard...

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.