Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

LouisSh
Frequent Visitor

Sum Specific Columns Of A Matrix

Hi Community,

I want to create a matrix which shows how many people were active at a certain address at a given point of time, however SUM certain address as specific regions within the matirx. I have a measure which does the caclulation by address but now need to create the SUM of the certain regions. This is my starting measure which works fine;

Active at a given address =
VAR EndDatePerVisual = MAX(DimDate[Date])
VAR StartDatePerVisual = MIN(DimDate[Date])
VAR Result =
CALCULATE(
    COUNTROWS('DimAddress'),
        REMOVEFILTERS(DimDate),
        'DimAddress'[StartDate] <= EndDatePerVisual,
        'DimAddress'[EndDate] > StartDatePerVisual
        ||
        ISBLANK('DimAddress'[EndDate])
)
RETURN
Result

This is how it appears as expected below (removed place names so pardon my editting skills)
Capture2.PNG
I want to be able to add specifix sums of the places based on their region, so a SUM for North, a SUM for South baring in mind this is not doing an ordanriy count as it is could who was between a certain time. Something like the image below with the dark blue columns being what i want to achieve.

Capture.PNG

Any thoughts?
1 REPLY 1
v-cgao-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @LouisSh ,

Please check the model.

vcgaomsft_2-1677478258788.png

vcgaomsft_1-1677478226827.png

vcgaomsft_0-1677478197502.png

Best Regards,
Gao

Community Support Team

If there is any post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution  to help the other members find it more quickly. If I misunderstand your needs or you still have problems on it, please feel free to let us know. Thanks a lot!

How to get your questions answered quickly --  How to provide sample data in the Power BI Forum

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.