Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

carloshs1993
Frequent Visitor

Stuck with incremental refresh with direct query

Hi, 

I'm struggling with a table in my report. This table is a fact table that stores data from 01-01-2023 until today. I'd like to retrieve data this way: 

- All data from 01-01-2023 until yesterday should be archieved in the model, because it's not going to change.

- Data from today should be refreshed through Direct Query.

To do so, I've seen that this option is available in PowerBi: 

Captura de pantalla 2023-02-05 113324.png

So I've enabled option "Get the latest data with DirectQuery" to achieve my objective, this is: retrieve real-time data with Direct Query. And this works for the current day, but tomorrow (I have checked this) my visualization won't show data for the current day (this is, tomorrow). Am I forgetting anything? Why is my data being retrieved correctly for the current date but, tomorrow, my visualization won't show anything?

Is there an option in PowerBI to keep some past data and only get today data through Direct Query ?

Thanks for your help.

2 REPLIES 2
ppm1
Solution Sage
Solution Sage

What you've described should work. Your direct query partition should be greater than or equal to today (the RangeStart parameter for that latest partition). How did you set up the filter in your query with RangeStart and RangeEnd?

Pat

Microsoft Employee
YukiK
Impactful Individual
Impactful Individual

I second this. DirectQuery option will be from today/effective day onwards. It's good to check all the settings

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.