Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

Anonymous
Not applicable

Streaming data for real-time power bi reports

Hi, I am currently working on a  project where I have created a report based on my 'import' dataset. The next step is that  the report need to be refreshed and updated with data that is stored in a database. So my idea is to extract data from the db, each month for example, and then save it as an excel file(since that is the initial format of my import dataset), then load it to Sharepoint, and after that refresh the dashboard automatically with a power automate button. 

So basically, am stuck in the extraction part, I don't know how to do it. Also, i don't know if there are other possible easy options.. for ex extract just the new rows and push them directly into the power bi dataset.

PS: -the extraction need also to be done automatically.

2 REPLIES 2
vicky_
Super User
Super User

Depending on what data source you're using, you might be able to connect directly to it: https://learn.microsoft.com/en-us/power-bi/connect-data/desktop-data-sources. Note, this may require you to set up a gateway. Once this is set up, you can easily set up automatic refresh on PowerBI service.

If you're stuck on extraction from the database, then I don't think this forum is the right place to ask for solutions, especially since very little details have been given on the data source.

Anonymous
Not applicable

the data is stored in a Production Information Management System, and it's confidential

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.