Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

elidavis
Frequent Visitor

Stacked column chart with custom tooltip

I have a stacked column chart on a page with multiple slicers.  I have created a custom tooltip to show me all the values in the stacked columns but the tooltip is not filteingr to just the values in the column, it is showing me all the values.  In my screenshot below, you can see that I'm hovering over a column that only has 3 segments, but the tooltip is showing me the numbers for every segment that might exist.  Everything I have tried gives me everything, like below, or only the value for the specific segment I hover over.  I would like my tooltip to display whatever values occur in whichever column I hover over.  Is this possible?

elidavis_0-1675368198451.png

This is what I have selected on my visual for tooltips:

elidavis_1-1675368294445.png

And this is what I have selected on my "Terminations tooltip" page:

elidavis_2-1675368386615.png

5 REPLIES 5
DreDre
Helper II
Helper II

@elidavis  were you able to find a solution? I am running into the same issue

Syk
Super User
Super User

I believe you just need to add your change reason field to your tooltip filters.

elidavis
Frequent Visitor

If I add it to either page in the tooltips filter then the tooltips only shows the value for the one segment that is bring hovered over, not all segments in the column.

Is your month name on your x-axis the same as your month field in the tooltips filter?

elidavis
Frequent Visitor

It wasn't, but I just changed it to match and that did not resolve my problem.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.