Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Mortiq
Regular Visitor

Stacked column chart that ignores certain filters

Hi guys,

I'd like to compare actuals with a target, using a stacked column chart.

The target values should always remain the same, but the actuals should be changed depending on the filter settings for the category column.

This is the data table I am working with.

Mortiq_0-1661240546118.png

This is what the chart looks like when no category filter is applied.

Mortiq_1-1661240998586.png

This is what the chart is supposed to look like when the category filter is set to 2. You can see that the target values remain the same, only the actuals change.

Mortiq_2-1661241105880.png

This is what the chart actually looks like. 

Mortiq_3-1661241136978.png

How do I make this work? I have tried using CALCULATE() and SUM() to no avail and tried using two visuals, but the borders are just too big. 

Thanks for any tips for a newbie. 🙂

4 REPLIES 4
amitchandak
Super User
Super User

@Mortiq , Create an independent table for the category and use that to filter category

calculate(Sum(Table[Cost]), filter(Table, [Actual vs Target] ="Actual" && [Category] in values(category[category]) ))

calculate(Sum(Table[Cost]), filter(Table, [Actual vs Target] ="Target"))

@amitchandak  Thanks for the quick reply.
I created an independent table and defined two measures, but the results are the same as before.

And how would I use two measures to display in one stacked column chart?

Actuals = CALCULATE(sum(tbl_costs_actual_vs_target[Costs]),FILTER(tbl_costs_actual_vs_target,tbl_costs_actual_vs_target[Actual or Target]="Actual" && tbl_costs_actual_vs_target[Category] in values(tbl_Category[Category])))

Target = CALCULATE(sum(tbl_costs_actual_vs_target[Costs]),FILTER(tbl_costs_actual_vs_target,tbl_costs_actual_vs_target[Actual or Target]="Target"))

@Mortiq , In Stack use axis and two measure, no legend, that should work

That did not work, for some reason, but I found a way to make the background of the visual transparent and that did the trick just fine.

Thanks nonetheles! 🙂

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.