Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn a 50% discount on the DP-600 certification exam by completing the Fabric 30 Days to Learn It challenge.

Jeyeline
Helper I
Helper I

Stacked Area Chart- Y axis graph overlaps each other though their values are different

Hello Team,

We created a stacked area chart with two different y axis values. However, the chart resembles the same and it overlaps each other.

It would be better if anyone provides us the solution or the root cause so that it will be sorted out.

Attaching the screenshot for reference where the two values are highlighted

PowerBi Chart.png

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Hello @Alex87 ,

I've identified the root cause of the issue. Essentially, my graph was displaying two lines overlapped on the Y-axis, even though the variables were supposed to have different values.

When I checked the data model, I noticed that the variables for the Y-axis were being sourced from two different models. Upon closer inspection, I found that aligning both variables to be sourced from the same data model resolved the problem, resulting in the graph displaying correctly.

Now, i changed both the calculated values to be taken from the same data model and the graph becomes appropriate and the issue is resolved.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
Alex87
Solution Supplier
Solution Supplier

Hello! 

I do not understand, what is the problem here? the fact that the two measures display the same values and should not be the case? can you provide sample data, and a view on how you built your model, measures etc?

Hello @Alex87 ,

I've identified the root cause of the issue. Essentially, my graph was displaying two lines overlapped on the Y-axis, even though the variables were supposed to have different values.

When I checked the data model, I noticed that the variables for the Y-axis were being sourced from two different models. Upon closer inspection, I found that aligning both variables to be sourced from the same data model resolved the problem, resulting in the graph displaying correctly.

Now, i changed both the calculated values to be taken from the same data model and the graph becomes appropriate and the issue is resolved.

Helpful resources

Announcements
LearnSurvey

Fabric certifications survey

Certification feedback opportunity for the community.