Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn a 50% discount on the DP-600 certification exam by completing the Fabric 30 Days to Learn It challenge.

fafernandez
Frequent Visitor

Split stacked bar chart by id displaying names

Hi,

I'm having trouble creating the right visualization for my bar chart.

I have a huge dataset that contains Name, ID and categoryID. The issue is that some data from the Name column have the same string, but different categoryID. When creating the bar chart I need to display the Name with he amount of activities (that comes from a different table which is linked by the ID) but split each one of them by categoryID. So that sometimes I could have 2 different fields from the Name column that are equally written but belong to different categoryID and therefore have different amounts of activities.

In summary i need to be able to differentiate each Name even if they are the same but still display them all 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
parry2k
Super User
Super User

@fafernandez you can use category column on the legend and that will show the same name twice.

👉 Learn Power BI and Fabric - subscribe to our YT channel - @PowerBIHowTo

If my solution proved useful, I'd be delighted to receive Kudos. When you put effort into asking a question, it's equally thoughtful to acknowledge and give Kudos to the individual who helped you solve the problem. It's a small gesture that shows appreciation and encouragement! ❤️

Subscribe to the @PowerBIHowTo YT channel for an upcoming video on List and Record functions in Power Query!!

Learn Power BI and Fabric - subscribe to our YT channel - Click here: @PowerBIHowTo

If my solution proved useful, I'd be delighted to receive Kudos. When you put effort into asking a question, it's equally thoughtful to acknowledge and give Kudos to the individual who helped you solve the problem. It's a small gesture that shows appreciation and encouragement! ❤

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution. Proud to be a Super User! Appreciate your Kudos 🙂
Feel free to email me with any of your BI needs.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
parry2k
Super User
Super User

@fafernandez not sure what you mean. If you can provide some screenshots and the detail, it will be helpful to answer the question.

If my solution proved useful, I'd be delighted to receive Kudos. When you put effort into asking a question, it's equally thoughtful to acknowledge and give Kudos to the individual who helped you solve the problem. It's a small gesture that shows appreciation and encouragement! ❤️

Subscribe to the @PowerBIHowTo YT channel for an upcoming video on List and Record functions in Power Query!!

Learn Power BI and Fabric - subscribe to our YT channel - Click here: @PowerBIHowTo

If my solution proved useful, I'd be delighted to receive Kudos. When you put effort into asking a question, it's equally thoughtful to acknowledge and give Kudos to the individual who helped you solve the problem. It's a small gesture that shows appreciation and encouragement! ❤

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution. Proud to be a Super User! Appreciate your Kudos 🙂

When adding a legend the bar colors change and i would need to change 1 by 1

parry2k
Super User
Super User

@fafernandez you can use category column on the legend and that will show the same name twice.

Hi parry, 

It kind of worked, how ever my dataset is too large and now I would need to change each color manually right? Considering this is something that changes overtime its not the best solution. However it works to see the difference.

Helpful resources

Announcements
LearnSurvey

Fabric certifications survey

Certification feedback opportunity for the community.

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.