Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

cowboyracer
Frequent Visitor

Spacing between columns (different measures)

Hi there 😊

I'm a beginner and need some help 🙂 

Hopefully the chart below shows the score of department WKZ (WEL Wijk) compared to the scores of the other departments (NIET Wijk).                                                                                                 
(Afdeling = Department)

It’s about phonecalls answered (WEL opgenomen) or Missed (NIET opgenomen).

Naamloos.png

Therefore I made (quick?) measures.
For department WKZ I use (quick?) measures “WEL Wijk NIET opgenomen”, “WEL Wijk WEL opgenomen” and I use “Count of opgenomen ja/nee” (for all the calls).
For other departments I use (quick?) measures “NIET Wijk NIET opgenomen”, “NIET Wijk WEL opgenomen” and I use “Count of opgenomen ja/nee” (for all the calls).

Because I don’t use the same measures for all categories (the departments) I get differences in the chart in the visualization of the two different categories (WEL / NIET Wijk).
You can see that the name of the category WKZ is at the right of the 3 columns, the names of the other categories are on the left of the 3 columns.
That’s because in both cases, not all the columns are shown, because not all the columns apply to both categories.
But… Can I change this?
Can I get the spacing between “WKZ” and the next (other) department the same as between the other categories?
And, can I get the labels at the same position in relation to the columns shown?

Hope to hear from you!

Kind regards,

Simone

2 REPLIES 2
v-yangliu-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi  @cowboyracer ,

You can consider selecting the relevant columns for Unpivot Columns and comparing them through mesaure.

vyangliumsft_0-1657520668802.png

Refer to :

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/power-query/unpivot-column

Can you share sample data and sample output in table format? Or a sample pbix after removing sensitive data. We can better understand the problem and help you.

Best Regards,

Liu Yang

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Hi @v-yangliu-msft, Here is the link to the pbix file: https://www.dropbox.com/s/w7kzflrjxw4updc/TelephoneCalls%20Forum.pbix?dl=0 

I also copied an image of my visual As you can see I marked the distance between Dep A and Dep B with a black line, the distance between the other Dep's with a pink line. The pink lines are shorter than the black line --> The space between Dep A and Dep B is bigger than the space between the rest. I want the same space between all the collumns. How to fix this? 

`pb1.png

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.