Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

Lidou_Cand
Helper III
Helper III

Sourcing from Power Bi Report

Hello

I hope you are well.
I am currently auditing a PowerBi report.
There are indicators displayed in the report are false because they do not correspond to those in the data source.
I thought of making a comparative PowerBi report of the indicators which are in the data source and those which are in the PowerBi report in order to have a better visibility of all the erroneous indicators.

1- Do you know if it is possible to create a PowerBi report which is source on another PowerBi report?

2- Do you have a design idea (template) for a report on which I can get inspired?

Thanks for your help.
3 REPLIES 3
Tahreem24
Super User
Super User

@Lidou_Cand ,

If your report is published on the PBI Service(app.powerbi.com) so, you can use the "Power BI Datasets" option in Get Data in PBI Desktop. So, whatever the data source ingesting in Power BI published report which you wanted to replica will be available in PBI desktop using "Power BI Datasets" option of Get Data.

Don't forget to give thumbs up 👍and accept this as a solution if it helped you.

Don't forget to give thumbs up and accept this as a solution if it helped you!!!

Please take a quick glance at newly created dashboards : Restaurant Management Dashboard , HR Analytics Report , Hotel Management Report, Sales Analysis Report , Fortune 500 Companies Analysis , Revenue Tracking Dashboard

Hello

Thank you for your answer.

I saw that I could only have "PowerBi datasets" in "Direct query" mode.

Does that mean I can't have multiple data sources in my PowerBi report?

Thanks for your help.

@Lidou_Cand ,

For example, if your published report has 2 data set so it will display 2 different data sets. Like in below screen shot, I have taken data from Power BI Datasets of published report and this published reports has 2 excel files loaded. So, I can see two excel file in my PBI desktop. Moreover, You can't model this data at PBI desktop. 

Capture.JPG

Don't forget to give thumbs up 👍and accept this as a solution if it helped you.

Don't forget to give thumbs up and accept this as a solution if it helped you!!!

Please take a quick glance at newly created dashboards : Restaurant Management Dashboard , HR Analytics Report , Hotel Management Report, Sales Analysis Report , Fortune 500 Companies Analysis , Revenue Tracking Dashboard

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.