Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Grow your Fabric skills and prepare for the DP-600 certification exam by completing the latest Microsoft Fabric challenge.

Rob35
Regular Visitor

Sorting azure map legend entries by column not working

Hi everyone,

I have an issue with the azure map visual regarding the sorting of the legend entries. What I want to do, is sort these entries in the map legend by a fixed order that makes sense (cheapest to most expensive):

Rob35_0-1715798321635.png

Now, I have read many posts already that seem to have just the right solution to this, which is to sort by another column in the data model. I have managed to do so, but there is no effect of this in the azure map legend entry sorting. I checked with the other map visual (the simple, old one) and with other non-map visuals and it does work for these (see picture below), but like I said, not in the azure map visual.

Rob35_1-1715798661485.png

I could theoretically switch to the old map visual, but I do want some of the new features of the azure map, so I would like to know if there is something, I am doing wrong or could do differently. Is this a known issue or on purpose with azure maps?

Thanks for reading.

2 REPLIES 2
v-kaiyue-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @Rob35 ,

1. create a new table, write all the categories and write the sort you expect using numbers.

vkaiyuemsft_0-1715828061895.png

2. select the category column and have it sorted by the num column.

vkaiyuemsft_1-1715828072190.png

3. create a relationship for the two tables.

vkaiyuemsft_2-1715828085682.png

4. change the fields in the visual object.

vkaiyuemsft_3-1715828097427.png

If your Current Period does not refer to this, please clarify in a follow-up reply.

Best Regards,

Clara Gong

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Hi Clara, thanks for helping me out. I have tried that already and it does not work as in your example. The reason is, that I have another measure as a size measure in the visual. Apparently it is sorted by the sum of the size measure and only when I remove the size measure, does it create the wanted order.

Is there a way to have a size measure and still sort the legend by the legend measure?

Here are two screenshots to show, what I mean:

Rob35_0-1715933088950.pngRob35_1-1715933158749.png

Kind regards,

Rob

Helpful resources

Announcements
RTI Forums Carousel3

New forum boards available in Real-Time Intelligence.

Ask questions in Eventhouse and KQL, Eventstream, and Reflex.

MayPowerBICarousel1

Power BI Monthly Update - May 2024

Check out the May 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.