Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn a 50% discount on the DP-600 certification exam by completing the Fabric 30 Days to Learn It challenge.

ekaponkratova
Frequent Visitor

Sort one table by a column in another table

Good day,

Is it possible to sort one two tables simultaneously by clicking the column in one of them? I tried: to create a copy of the same table and create a relationship - didn't work; created a table with distinct items and create a relationship between it and the main table, and then, use this newly created table as the column in my main table - didn't work. In the screenshot below you see that there are two table which share the same items column. So I want to click the items_code in the first column to sort it and have the 2nd table sorting automatically.

sample.png

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
Anonymous
Not applicable

I don't think you can use tables to sort other tables. Would a slicer be useful? One slicer would change both tables simultaneously, however.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
Anonymous
Not applicable

I don't think you can use tables to sort other tables. Would a slicer be useful? One slicer would change both tables simultaneously, however.

Yes, it seems to be single viable option in this sitation. I guess I should allow only one category to be displayed at the same time, otherwise there is a danger that a person will click on the header and sort the table. Unless, I remove sorting. But no, it will allow removing only one part of the problem but a person would still to scroll all three tables separately.

Helpful resources

Announcements
LearnSurvey

Fabric certifications survey

Certification feedback opportunity for the community.

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.