Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

bmcminn
Helper II
Helper II

Sort bar chart using value not included in chart

I want to sort the chart by Total Cost, but not have that value show up in the legend. So either not have it as part of the visualization or hide it from the legend, whichever is easiest.

Thanks!

This one doesn't include the Total Cost in the x-axis and is not sorted how I want.

Sort 1-2.PNG

This one includes Total Cost in the x-axis. It is sorted correctly, but I don't want to see Total Cost in the legend.
Sort 2-2.PNG

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
DOLEARY85
Super User
Super User

Hi,

i'm not sure if this will work for you but if you create a calculated column to sum the total then use this in the tool tip you can select the ... at the top of the chart and use sort axis to sort by the new column.

If I answered your question, please mark my post as solution, Appreciate your Kudos 👍

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
DOLEARY85
Super User
Super User

Hi,

i'm not sure if this will work for you but if you create a calculated column to sum the total then use this in the tool tip you can select the ... at the top of the chart and use sort axis to sort by the new column.

If I answered your question, please mark my post as solution, Appreciate your Kudos 👍

I didn't even need to make a calculated column. I just put the measure into Tooltips and was able to see Total Cost under Sort By!

Thanks!

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.