Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

Anonymous
Not applicable

Sort Area Group, Type and Rank_avgCost or Rank_avgSales in a matrix visual

I have a Matrix visual consisting of Area Group, Type, Category and have Volume, Avg Cost and Avg Sales (measures) as the values The Volume = SUM(Volume), Avg Cost = Average(Cost) and Avg Sales = Average(Sales). I created TopN parameter for my Slicer.  I created a rank based on Volume, Avg Cost and Avg Sales. These Ranks will rank Volume, Avg Cost, Avg Sales excluding Category that is selected in a Category slicer.

image.pngimage.pngimage.png

However, when I created a matrix visual, I sort by Area Group, Type, Category and Rank_Volume, It works fine. But when I create a matrix visual and sort by Area Group, Type, Category and Rank_avgCost, Only the Rank_avgCost is sorted but Area Group, Type are not sorted. The same thing happens with Rank_avgSales. 
How Can I sorted Area Group, Type and Rank_avgCost or avgSales. Please help

4 REPLIES 4
V-lianl-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @Anonymous ,

It is very difficult to analyze without looking at the data and just by imagining.Any chance you can share a PBIX file with dummy data?

Best Regards,
Liang
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Anonymous
Not applicable

https://drive.google.com/file/d/10AY9-5vWOcmTz9ybt5g0EXmlU7Iem5z1/view?usp=sharing

the sample pbix to download. Help will be greatly appreciated

I checked your files and found that the problem was in the average function.

Unfortunately ,I did my best but couldn't change the group and type sorting.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi V-lianl-msft,

I wrongly click on accept solution instead of reply. I don't know how to revert it not accepting solution.

Anyway, I have a sample pbix for you to look at, 

https://drive.google.com/file/d/10AY9-5vWOcmTz9ybt5g0EXmlU7Iem5z1/view?usp=sharing

If you have issue of download let me know.

Thanks

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.