Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

jetform_consult
Frequent Visitor

So Close Yet So Far Away...Last Visual won't synch

I have a report that displays butik sales by whether or not the sale was done by a customer (using our in store app), or whether the sale was done by a sales rep.

jetform_consult_1-1698952564394.png

Display 1 always shows.

Display 2 only shows after selecting a date from visual 4, at which point it shows the number of sales for the date selected, in 30 minute increments...Display 2 displays 100% fine.

It's Display 3 that I cannot synch the OrderDate(3) with the OrderDate(2)...As you can see it's pulling in ALL Dates in Display 3.

Every web posting I've read ALL show you how to do a Filter when Summing an Integer value, but how do you filter a table that has no Integers...Only Text fields?

Table 3 is a copy of the Table 2 Data, modified a little so that no Duplicates exist:

jetform_consult_2-1698952789533.png

Any NEW tips would be appreciated as I've found nothing on the Web that has helped.

TIA.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
jetform_consult
Frequent Visitor

Problem solved...Created a measure on the new table that returned a 1 or a 0 based upon whether or not the OrderDate in Table3 equaled the [SelectedDate] measure, then added the newly created measure as a filter on Display3.

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
jetform_consult
Frequent Visitor

Problem solved...Created a measure on the new table that returned a 1 or a 0 based upon whether or not the OrderDate in Table3 equaled the [SelectedDate] measure, then added the newly created measure as a filter on Display3.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.