Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn a 50% discount on the DP-600 certification exam by completing the Fabric 30 Days to Learn It challenge.

KMcCarthy9
Helper IV
Helper IV

Smart Narrative Not Picking Up Measures/Fields

I have been using Smart Narrative in my reports for a bit and have not had too much of an issue in the past. However, I am trying to add new ones and the Smart Narrative is not workign at all. 

I have 2 fields - Primary Service Provider and Manufacturer. Both are the same data type and both are housed in 2 different tables - ACR and Supplier Scorecard. 

When trying to use Manufacturer in Smart Narrative, the option for both tables comes up:

KMcCarthy9_1-1658343762004.png

But when I search for Primary Service Provider only ACR option shows up:

KMcCarthy9_2-1658343842509.png

I am having the issue with every new measure or field I've added in the last 24hours, but the Smart Narrative is picking up all the measures and fields that have been part of the report for a while. 

I'm using a shared dataset that is connected to a gateway on the server and all the measures and fields are contained within the shared dataset. 

Any ideas?

Thanks!

5 REPLIES 5
awarriorpoet
Helper I
Helper I

I am getting the same issue.  I just renamed a column on the data set and it does not see it.  Predictive text is still showing the old name.  Should be Budget $k, instead it is still showing Budget ($K). 

Seems like the field names are cached.

awarriorpoet_0-1711977737467.png

I fixed this by turning off Q&A and then re-enabling it.
(Datamart in PowerBI Service)

Clearly there is an issue with the Q&A Index not updating.

@awarriorpoet Glad that worked for you! I am still stuck...

v-eqin-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @KMcCarthy9 ,

It seems that I could not reproduce your issue on my side:

Eyelyn9_0-1658716226631.png

How about inputing whole fields(including table names) to avoid confusion?

Best Regards,
Eyelyn Qin
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Thank you for trying. Even when I enter the table names, it is not recognizing them. I feel it must have something to do with using a shared dataset, but all my other smart narratives have worked with no issue in the past with this same dataset. 

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.