Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn a 50% discount on the DP-600 certification exam by completing the Fabric 30 Days to Learn It challenge.

HealthAnalyst31

Slicing a graph and tables for a single row of data

Hello!  I am new to Power BI and struggling to get around how it summarizes columns of data automatically.

I have a table of data with a hierarchy (Hospital feeds into Region, Region feeds into System), but the numbers do not sum.

System

Level

Region

Hospital

January 23

February 23

System

System

Missouri

System

Missouri

St. Mary’s

System

Missouri

St. Joseph

System

Wisconsin

System

Wisconsin

St. Mary’s

System

Wisconsin

St. Clare

I need to put together a line graph that shows performance over time with slicers that allow for region to be selected and then for hospitals to be selected.  When using the slicers, the line graph should only show that level within the hierarchy and should not SUM any other matching values.  I’ve tried to put together Measures using IF statements as well as attempting ISINSCOPE, but it is not working.

Any recommendations?

1 REPLY 1
lbendlin
Super User
Super User

Your sample data is incomplete (missing details for System 1, only two data points).

Please provide sample data that covers your issue or question completely, in a usable format (not as a screenshot).

Do not include sensitive information or anything not related to the issue or question.

If you are unsure how to upload data please refer to https://community.fabric.microsoft.com/t5/Community-Blog/How-to-provide-sample-data-in-the-Power-BI-...

Please show the expected outcome based on the sample data you provided.

Want faster answers? https://community.fabric.microsoft.com/t5/Desktop/How-to-Get-Your-Question-Answered-Quickly/m-p/1447...

Helpful resources

Announcements
LearnSurvey

Fabric certifications survey

Certification feedback opportunity for the community.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.