Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

dosania
Helper II
Helper II

Slicers type need to be forced by clicking 'Reset Filters button' when dashboard is changed

Hi,

I've just updated my dashboard, and changed one of the slicers from Single select to with one category, to Mult-select with 2 categories. 

When I have uploaded the the dashboard to the Service, the slicer still appears with just the Single select option.

It is only when I click the 'Reset Filters button' that the slicer appears as a multi-select, as I had configured it to be in the Desktop version.

Is this Microsoft just caching the last user settings?

Is there a way around this, except for chaing the dashboard name in the service?

I'd rather not have to contact all the users to have to tell them about this bug, or change the filename in the service.

Many thanks

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
v-jianboli-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @dosania ,

That is persistent filter in the Power BI service. All Power BI reports will automatically retain the filters, slicers, and other data view changes that you have made. When you republish a report, the report will retain the filters that you are using.

You can disable persistent filters for reports in the settings:

vjianbolimsft_0-1658927561893.png

vjianbolimsft_1-1658927561897.png

For more details, please refer to:

Announcing Persistent Filters in the Power BI Service.

Best Regards,

Jianbo Li

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
v-jianboli-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @dosania ,

That is persistent filter in the Power BI service. All Power BI reports will automatically retain the filters, slicers, and other data view changes that you have made. When you republish a report, the report will retain the filters that you are using.

You can disable persistent filters for reports in the settings:

vjianbolimsft_0-1658927561893.png

vjianbolimsft_1-1658927561897.png

For more details, please refer to:

Announcing Persistent Filters in the Power BI Service.

Best Regards,

Jianbo Li

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

lbendlin
Super User
Super User

Please don't use the word dashboard - it has a different meaning.  You mean a report.

Are you on shared or Premium capacity?  If on Premium you also need to update the app.

Report design changes will indeed not propagate through automatically to the users'  browser sessions.  That is by design and not a bug. Users are not expected to keep their browser tabs open forever.

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.