Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn a 50% discount on the DP-600 certification exam by completing the Fabric 30 Days to Learn It challenge.

fedpar
Employee
Employee

Slicers show Visual level filter but it doesn't do anything

If you add a Slicer to a report, it has a Visual level filter option under the Filters menu. However, dragging something into this field does nothing, even though it tells the user to "Drag data fields here". I understand if visual level filters are not supported on slicers by design, but the fact that the option is being displayed leads to a confusing interface.

I am aware this has been discussed here, but the solution presented is also an issue. The accepted solution is to change the visual into a bar chart, add the filter, and switch back into a slicer. This will apply the filter, but will not visually add the field under the Visual level filter (i.e. the Visual Level filters will still have the "Drag data fields here" label below it). This lack of visibility could lead to confusion with the user, as data could be missing without any sort of visual indicator that this is the case.

1 REPLY 1
Eric_Zhang
Employee
Employee

Thanks for your feedback, we will report this internally.

Helpful resources

Announcements
RTI Forums Carousel3

New forum boards available in Real-Time Intelligence.

Ask questions in Eventhouse and KQL, Eventstream, and Reflex.

MayPowerBICarousel

Power BI Monthly Update - May 2024

Check out the May 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

LearnSurvey

Fabric certifications survey

Certification feedback opportunity for the community.