Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

aileenkaz
Frequent Visitor

Slicers reset

Hello,

in my dashboard  I am having a group of slicers:

University | Faculty | Study program | Form | Degree

They are working in kind of getting from general statistics to more specific.

When users select an university from the list, then they are shown statistics for that specific university. Then in dropdown slicer Faculty they can choose one from only those faculties which are part of that chosen university and all the graphs shown are recalculated to show statistics for that specific faculty. The same works for all the remaining slicers. If no value in filter is selected, it shows All data.

My problem is, that when user has selected University A, Faculty AA and study program AAA and then decides to change selection to university B, the graphs are shown empty. I understand this is because there is no Faculty AA and study program AAA for university B. But it is not very user friendly as the user has to manually deselect value in Faculty to see values of University B.

What would I like to do is to have all the slicers automatically set to default value All after changing the selection in one of "more general" slicers.

Is it possible to set it somehow? I know I can use button with the bookmark to Reset all filters, but is there any way to do it automatically? Hopefully there is any trick or workaround. Thanks!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

@aileenkaz ,
Unfortunately we don't have such option to automatically deselect when we are changing slicer values to others. We have to use bookmarks for this with a button for now. Please submit your Idea on the forums. 

If this helps, Appreciate your KUDOS!
Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution!

Proud to be a Super User!

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
yakamoz007
Helper I
Helper I

Hi

maybe I can help you. I think you have one hierarchy level table with data like University A, Faculty AA and study program AAA. You have to spit the table in 2 heirarchy level tables and join it then to your fact table.

When you have 2 tables where you can set your several slicers, the user see all hierarchy levels in the slicer.

Best Regards.

manikumar34
Solution Sage
Solution Sage

@aileenkaz ,
You can reset slicers to default using bookmark. Please follow the below link to make it. 
https://radacad.com/clear-all-slicers-in-power-bi-a-bookmark-story

Hi, thanks for quick reply. As  I mention in last paragraph I know I can use bookmark linked to reset button. But I am wondering whether the reset can be done automatically when the slicer is changed.

I was hoping I could set bookmark also to slicer, but it seems it works only with button.

@aileenkaz ,
Unfortunately we don't have such option to automatically deselect when we are changing slicer values to others. We have to use bookmarks for this with a button for now. Please submit your Idea on the forums. 

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.