Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn a 50% discount on the DP-600 certification exam by completing the Fabric 30 Days to Learn It challenge.

chayanupadhyay
Helper III
Helper III

Slicer with the option to select Next Days wrt to current date

Hello All,

Is there any Slicer which provide us the option to select "Next" no of days only, 

for example, we have relative slicer which has all the three options like Last, Next, This.

Relative SlicerRelative Slicer

I want a slicer which can only provide option to select next (for ex: Next 7 Days) wrt current date.

Please let me know if you are not able to understand the context of my question.

Thanks !!

2 REPLIES 2
Eric_Zhang
Employee
Employee

@chayanupadhyay wrote:

Hello All,

Is there any Slicer which provide us the option to select "Next" no of days only, 

for example, we have relative slicer which has all the three options like Last, Next, This.

Relative SlicerRelative Slicer

I want a slicer which can only provide option to select next (for ex: Next 7 Days) wrt current date.

Please let me know if you are not able to understand the context of my question.

Thanks !!

@chayanupadhyay

There's no such built-in filter that only provide option to select next dates. And I'm not aware of any custom slicer that has that option in the custom visual gallary. You may have to develop such a slicer all by yourself.

By the way, what is your concern about the relative slicer, which has more than "next dates" options?

@Eric_Zhang Thank you for your reply.

I am only looking for slicer which consider "Next" days, as my report only has future data so "Last" option provided by relative slicer will not make any sense and also report is only considering next 7 days data so selection of Weeks, Months, Year etc will not make any sense to user.

If user will select Last or Weeks, Months & year then report will not show any data.

I have also searched but didn't find any slicer(not even custom) which can provide option to select only future days.

Hopefully in futre, we will have something in Power BI which can give this type of functionality.

Helpful resources

Announcements
PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.