Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn a 50% discount on the DP-600 certification exam by completing the Fabric 30 Days to Learn It challenge.

DK_Sree

Slicer not working when added new tables

Hello,

I'm new to Power BI. Appreciate any help on this! I have three tables and the relationship among the tables was established through the Date(text type/eg:2022 Q1) and region (text type/eg: North Central etc) columns. I have two slicers on a page - one for date and another for region. It was working fine until I added a new table to it. The new table has data since 2023 Q1 and now the Region slicer lists the regions only for the date slicer value '2023 Q1'. If any date (eg: 2022 Q1,2022 Q2,2022 Q3...) is chosen other than '2023 Q1' in the Date Slicer, the region slicer is blank.

Date - ID, Date

Region - ID, Region

Table 1 - Date, Region, Total Clients, Sales A

Table 2 - Date, Region, Total Clients, Sales B

Table 3 - Date, Region, Total Clients, Sales C

Table 4 -Date, Region, Total Clients, Sales D

Table1,2,3,4 : Region many to one

Table1,2,3,4 : Date many to one

Hope this information helps! Thank you!!

1 REPLY 1
v-jingzhang
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @DK_Sree 

It seems like the issue is with the relationship between the tables. You can try the following steps to resolve the issue:

1. Check if the data in the new table is correctly formatted. Make sure that the data in the new table has the same format as the other tables, especially the Date and Region columns.
  2. Check if the data in the new table is correctly related to the other tables. Make sure that the data in the new table is correctly related to the Date and Region tables based on the Date and Region columns.
  3. Check if the slicers are set up correctly. Make sure that the slicers are using the Date and Region columns from the Data and Region tables rather than from other tables. 

Hope this helps. 

Best Regards,
Community Support Team _ Jing
If this post helps, please Accept it as Solution to help other members find it.

Helpful resources

Announcements
PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.