Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

jguerrero
Helper II
Helper II

Slicer is not populating

I am testing a dashboard with RLS and I have a strange situation with a LOCATION filter when I want to see the data as a specific user. The RLS is created using the USERPRINCIPALNAME() function.

Screenshot 1.png

I use the RLS's 'view as' option, and in one tab, the filter populates correctly

Screenshot 2.png

Screenshot 3.png

But, the same filter on another tab (it was copied and synced) it doesn't populate.

The detail tables do show the data that the filter is supposed to contain, but the filter continues without showing this data.

Screenshot 4.png

I already checked that there were no other filters or bookmarks that affect the content, but there is nothing.

Any suggestions?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
negi007
Community Champion
Community Champion

@jguerrero it does seem that other sliecer or filter might be impacting the slicer values. You may try to remove the interactions between visuals on this page to check if values appear in the slicer or not. 

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution!
Appreciate your Kudos

Proud to be a Super User!

Follow me on linkedin

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
jguerrero
Helper II
Helper II

Thanks a lot negi007. That was the issue. It is really strange that a DATE filter is affecting this other one, since there is data for that period in the fact table. I will check it in detail and if I found anything else, will publish it here.

Again, thanks for the quick response and best of whishes for 2023.

negi007
Community Champion
Community Champion

@jguerrero it does seem that other sliecer or filter might be impacting the slicer values. You may try to remove the interactions between visuals on this page to check if values appear in the slicer or not. 

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution!
Appreciate your Kudos

Proud to be a Super User!

Follow me on linkedin

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.