Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

Anonymous
Not applicable

Slicer for measures in calculated table

Hi all. I'm trying to find a way how to show in report table of measures with time different periods
Something like this:

measures1.png

I'm planned to calculate each value separately, and then merge it with
union( row(measure1_apil, measure1_may, ..), row(measure2_apil)...)
or just simple table {(), ()} and then add colunms from that table to report table.
But after that any slicer stop working.

Can anybody help me with solution how combine these measures into table with working slicers?

I'd appreciate any help you can give me.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
v-shex-msft
Community Support
Community Support

HI @Anonymous,

It sounds like you want to create fully parameterized visualizations. If that is the case, I'd like to suggest you create two attribute tables with measure names and time periods. 

Then you can use these fields as rows and columns of a matrix and write a measure with switch function to show different values.

My Favorite DAX Feature: SELECTEDVALUE with SWITCH 

Regards,

Xiaoxin Sheng

Community Support Team _ Xiaoxin
If this post helps, please consider accept as solution to help other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
v-shex-msft
Community Support
Community Support

HI @Anonymous,

It sounds like you want to create fully parameterized visualizations. If that is the case, I'd like to suggest you create two attribute tables with measure names and time periods. 

Then you can use these fields as rows and columns of a matrix and write a measure with switch function to show different values.

My Favorite DAX Feature: SELECTEDVALUE with SWITCH 

Regards,

Xiaoxin Sheng

Community Support Team _ Xiaoxin
If this post helps, please consider accept as solution to help other members find it more quickly.
Vera_33
Resident Rockstar
Resident Rockstar

Hi @Anonymous 

I am not sure what are working slicers...if I understand correctly, you want to show calculation on different gran in one table/matrix. You can have a disconnected column/list to contain your Month (april, may, june) and other gran (last 3 months, last year...etc), then use SWTICH to call different measure

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.