Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

RafaelAri
Helper I
Helper I

Slicer for 2 tables

Hello to all the experts,

I have 3 tables:

1. Customers Sales
  2. Customers Billings
  3. Calendar table

A specific customer may appear in either Sales, Billings, or both.

The Calendar table is linked to both tables, so when I use a Year slicer, it filters everything based on the selected Year.

However, I'm facing an issue when trying to link the Customer-Name field in both tables. It is not functioning as expected.

Could you please advise on how I can create a Customers slicer that will impact both tables simultaneously?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
Dhairya
Solution Supplier
Solution Supplier

Acccording to my understanding to your question, you want to use customer name as slicer and it should update all visuals on selected value.

To achieve this you have to first configuring relationship between you tables.
the row of the table you want to use as slicer should be in one-to-many cardinality to filter data accurately.
If the issue still persists you can create seperate dimension table having unique values which you will use as slicer.

Please mark my solution as accepted if it works. 

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
Dhairya
Solution Supplier
Solution Supplier

Acccording to my understanding to your question, you want to use customer name as slicer and it should update all visuals on selected value.

To achieve this you have to first configuring relationship between you tables.
the row of the table you want to use as slicer should be in one-to-many cardinality to filter data accurately.
If the issue still persists you can create seperate dimension table having unique values which you will use as slicer.

Please mark my solution as accepted if it works. 

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.