Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Grow your Fabric skills and prepare for the DP-600 certification exam by completing the latest Microsoft Fabric challenge.

umutkaya79
Helper I
Helper I

Slicer displays different text when not selected

Hi, 

I have a slicer name "6H Only" which the chart displays the last 6 hours of data when I click on it. When not clicked on the slicer the chart displays the last 24 hours of data but slicer still displays "6H Only".  Is there a way for the slicer to display "24 Hours" as text on it when it is not selected ? 

Thank you

umutkaya79_0-1694392386772.png   

umutkaya79_1-1694392433317.png

6 REPLIES 6
umutkaya79
Helper I
Helper I

Yes I tried with the second slicer "24 Hours" but I guess slicers doesn't act like buttons that I can do the toggle switch between these 2 slicers. 

Did you mean a second slicer? Or did you try an additional value in the same slicer? Can you share a screenshot of your model?

Yes second slicer displaying the last 24 hours. There is a dax behind the slicer which filters the chart. when the slicers not selected it displays the last 24 hours anyway. so I dont really need the 2nd (the last 24 hours ) I guess. 

umutkaya79_0-1694394529174.png

Oh, so there isn't a relationship between your dimension that holds the slicer values and your fact table? Instead you're filtering within the DAX measure in the table based on the selected value of the slicer? Well... you can conditionally format the title of a slicer, so you could have that change depending on the selection. But you would still have text inside the slicer button. You could get around this by replacing the value of "6H Only" to be an empty character so text wouldn't show up in the button.

Thank you @CoreyP . I will at least try that. 

CoreyP
Solution Sage
Solution Sage

I don't think you can do this as the text on the slicer button is the value from the table, and you cannot conditionally format it. Have you considered adding a second slicer value, "24 Hours," so that there are two buttons, effectively creating a toggle switch.

Helpful resources

Announcements
RTI Forums Carousel3

New forum boards available in Real-Time Intelligence.

Ask questions in Eventhouse and KQL, Eventstream, and Reflex.

MayPowerBICarousel

Power BI Monthly Update - May 2024

Check out the May 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.