Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

ysapiyev
Responsive Resident
Responsive Resident

Slicer date

Hi everyone,

Is it possible to use slicer to select date as follows last day, last month, last year? 

5 REPLIES 5
rajulshah
Super User
Super User

Hello @ysapiyev ,

You can have relative date slicer as :

relativedateslicer.gif

Ping back if it's not working or this is not what you want.

Regards. 

@rajulshah

I tried this, but I need buttons for day, week, year. Is it possible?

@ysapiyev,

What do you mean that buttons for day, week,year? Combine built-in date slicer and Timeline custom visual and check if you get expected result.
1.JPG

Regards,
Lydia

Community Support Team _ Lydia Zhang
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

@v-yuezhe-msft,

This combination doesn't work for me. 

I wanted to use slicer to select current day, last week, last month or last year, and have buttons as control. 

I started writing custom slicer, however I've got some problems, even though I used selection manager and iselectionid field in data, it doesn't work with dates. I implemented same technique to filter names and it worked, but not with date. What can be the problem?

@ysapiyev,

Could you please post a screenshot about your desired slicer? And could you please post a screenshot about your current problem?

Regards,
Lydia

Community Support Team _ Lydia Zhang
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.