Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Grow your Fabric skills and prepare for the DP-600 certification exam by completing the latest Microsoft Fabric challenge.

mypowerbi1
Helper III
Helper III

Slicer and report level filter

Hi,

I am using a slicer on multiple pages of the report. When user applies a report level filter from power bi service, the slicer values should not be filtered for one page of the report while it should be filtered for remaining pages of the report. 

Please suggest how to achieve this.

3 REPLIES 3
mypowerbi1
Helper III
Helper III

Hi,

This report is embeded in a sharepoint portal where user select a parameter value which passes to Power BI report's filter at report level. So when this value passes to the report a slicer value should not be filtered by this filter on of the page and should be changed on rest of the pages.

So, using sync slicer is not the solution.

amitchandak
Super User
Super User

@mypowerbi1 , If you are applying all page filters (report level filter) that can not be ignored. Follow suggestion by @Syk 

Syk
Super User
Super User

Click the Sync slicers button under the View tab. This will allow you to sync filters (or not) between pages. 

For example, the slicer I have selected wouldn't change anything for pages 2 and 3 with this setup.

Syk_0-1646664975881.png

However, this will sync my slicers so each page is affected by the slicer on the first page

Syk_2-1646665033576.png

Helpful resources

Announcements
RTI Forums Carousel3

New forum boards available in Real-Time Intelligence.

Ask questions in Eventhouse and KQL, Eventstream, and Reflex.

MayPowerBICarousel

Power BI Monthly Update - May 2024

Check out the May 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.