Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

DavidMG82
Frequent Visitor

Slicer Selected Values Label to text

Hi everyone, im trying to replicate the summary of selections on my dropdown slicer, which currently holds three fields: FY, FQ and M.

So depending on the values I am selecting the slicer shows a summary like the following:

Option 1: 2023 (FY) + Q2 (FQ) + 01 (M)

Option 2: 2023 (FY) + Q2 (FQ)

Option 3: 2023 (FY)

How can I replicate this with a measure to present as text with a Scorecard?, thanks ahead for your help!

2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS
lbendlin
Super User
Super User

use ISFILTERED, HASONEFILTER, FILTERS and VALUES to figure out if the columns are filtered. Then concatenate the results accordingly.

Note that there is a difference between "nothing filtered yet"  and "nothing filtered as result of the filters being cleared". You could call that a bug, or a feature.

View solution in original post

Many thanks, I was using the method below but I was sure there is probably a better way to do it. I will follow your recommendations.

dateLabel = 
Var year_ = SELECTEDVALUE(cm[ReportFY],BLANK())
Var quarter_ = SELECTEDVALUE(cm[ReportQ],BLANK())
Var month_ = SELECTEDVALUE(cm[monthLabelShort],BLANK())

return
 SWITCH(
    TRUE(),
        quarter_="","Selected Date: " & CONCATENATE(year_," (FY) "),
        month_="","Selected Date: " & CONCATENATE(CONCATENATE(year_," (FY) + "),CONCATENATE(quarter_," (FQ)")),
        "Selected Date: " & CONCATENATE(CONCATENATE(CONCATENATE(year_," (FY) + "),CONCATENATE(quarter_," (FQ) + ")),CONCATENATE(month_," (M)")
    ))

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
lbendlin
Super User
Super User

use ISFILTERED, HASONEFILTER, FILTERS and VALUES to figure out if the columns are filtered. Then concatenate the results accordingly.

Note that there is a difference between "nothing filtered yet"  and "nothing filtered as result of the filters being cleared". You could call that a bug, or a feature.

Many thanks, I was using the method below but I was sure there is probably a better way to do it. I will follow your recommendations.

dateLabel = 
Var year_ = SELECTEDVALUE(cm[ReportFY],BLANK())
Var quarter_ = SELECTEDVALUE(cm[ReportQ],BLANK())
Var month_ = SELECTEDVALUE(cm[monthLabelShort],BLANK())

return
 SWITCH(
    TRUE(),
        quarter_="","Selected Date: " & CONCATENATE(year_," (FY) "),
        month_="","Selected Date: " & CONCATENATE(CONCATENATE(year_," (FY) + "),CONCATENATE(quarter_," (FQ)")),
        "Selected Date: " & CONCATENATE(CONCATENATE(CONCATENATE(year_," (FY) + "),CONCATENATE(quarter_," (FQ) + ")),CONCATENATE(month_," (M)")
    ))

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.