Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Gitankshi
Regular Visitor

Slicer Search Bar

Hi, post Dec'22 updates in Slicer type formatting (https://powerbi.microsoft.com/en-us/blog/power-bi-december-2022-feature-summary/#post-21693-_Toc1213...), I am unable to bring the "Search Bar" in slicer. Can someone please guide me on the same?

3 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS
visheshjain
Solution Supplier
Solution Supplier

Hi @Gitankshi,

Click on the elipses of the slicer and click on search, to enable the search bar.

visheshjain_0-1673335584376.png

Thank you,

Vishesh Jain

Did I answer your question?
If yes, then please mark my post as a solution!

Thank you,
Vishesh Jain

Proud to be a Super User!

View solution in original post

v-rongtiep-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @Gitankshi ,

You can find the slicer in the Power BI Desktop.

My test version: Version: 2.112.603.0 64-bit (December 2022)

vpollymsft_0-1673415664501.png

You can open my pbix file to have a look. If not, please provide a screenshot or pbix file for us to test.

How to Get Your Question Answered Quickly 

If it does not help, please provide more details with your desired output and pbix file without privacy information (or some sample data) .

Best Regards
Community Support Team _ Polly

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Gitankshi
Regular Visitor

I just realised that it appears in ellipsis if the field is of type "Text". Mine was "whole number" and now it's working perfectly with type "Text". Thanks everyone for the replies!

15 REPLIES 15
Jnas
Advocate II
Advocate II

Here is also an other option which is super quick: Just select the slicer and hit ctrl + F : the search bar will appear.

This worked for me since the three dots are not available any more in the newest Power BI version. It says "This setting has moved. tochange the slicer style, select Format > Slicher settings > Options > Style". But there is no option to turn on the search there.

Shweta_Juyal

I am not getting the option to select the search from single select slicer , Is that gone completely i am using the updayed version of power BI 

Your field has to be of type text or the option won't show up, I had mine as whole number and couldn't find the search option, but appears after switching to text and works as expected

Shweta_Juyal

Is it Not available at all, Is there any other way we can achive this functionality ?

Your field has to be of type text or the option won't show up, I had mine as whole number and couldn't find the search option, but appears after switching to text and works as expected

rusgesig
Helper IV
Helper IV

I wish you'd stop changing these things.

RajMalhotra1984
Frequent Visitor

HI I WANT TO MAKE SURE, I UNDETAND THIS CORRECTELY.

THE SEARCH OPTION IN SLICER ONLY EXIST IF THE SEARCH IS FOR WORDS THE SEARCH OPTION WILL WORK.

IF THE SEARCH OPTION IS TO SEARCH NUMBERS THERE IS NO SEARCH OPTION.

IS THE RIGHT?

No, it works with numbers as well, but the column type needs to be text, I am using it to search for numbers in my reports

snchezmtz_2-1697042631863.png

snchezmtz_1-1697042613739.png

Gitankshi
Regular Visitor

I just realised that it appears in ellipsis if the field is of type "Text". Mine was "whole number" and now it's working perfectly with type "Text". Thanks everyone for the replies!

Thanks! Same problem here. Solved.

v-rongtiep-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @Gitankshi ,

You can find the slicer in the Power BI Desktop.

My test version: Version: 2.112.603.0 64-bit (December 2022)

vpollymsft_0-1673415664501.png

You can open my pbix file to have a look. If not, please provide a screenshot or pbix file for us to test.

How to Get Your Question Answered Quickly 

If it does not help, please provide more details with your desired output and pbix file without privacy information (or some sample data) .

Best Regards
Community Support Team _ Polly

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

visheshjain
Solution Supplier
Solution Supplier

Hi @Gitankshi,

Click on the elipses of the slicer and click on search, to enable the search bar.

visheshjain_0-1673335584376.png

Thank you,

Vishesh Jain

Thank you,
Vishesh Jain

hi Vishesh...

does it work when automatically want to chose more than one option.. meaning.. wrods containing an specific string like "AAA" and then selecting the whole range of item without the need of clicking on every single option ???  

Hi @RACANXI,

I doubt that is possible. You will have to manually select every single option.

I tried to filter the options out from the filter pane as well and then use the select all option on the slicer itself, but it does not work.

Sorry can't be of much help here.

Thank you,

Vishesh Jain

Thank you,
Vishesh Jain

Hi Vishesh,

Thank you for your reply! Unfortunately, it is not available post the Dec'22 update. Seems like a glitch at PowerBI's end.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.