Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Grow your Fabric skills and prepare for the DP-600 certification exam by completing the latest Microsoft Fabric challenge.

a68tbird
Resolver II
Resolver II

Slicer Reverting to Previously Saved Value

Hello All -

Can't figure out why the Month slicer on my report keeps reverting back to a previously saved value, even after I save the report with a new value.  The slicer is used on three pages of the report.  Even if I select a new value, go to a different page, and then back to the first page, the slicer has gone back to the original value. Am I missing a setting somewhere? Seems like this would be an easy fix, but not sure what I'm looking for to fix it.

Thanks

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
a68tbird
Resolver II
Resolver II

OK - I have finally managed to figure this out.  I had to duplicate the tables and using a combination of filtering and hide/unhide views, and then update each bookmark.  Before I just had the one table that filtered the different warehouses. Now it's two separate tables and this seems to work.  

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7
a68tbird
Resolver II
Resolver II

OK - I have finally managed to figure this out.  I had to duplicate the tables and using a combination of filtering and hide/unhide views, and then update each bookmark.  Before I just had the one table that filtered the different warehouses. Now it's two separate tables and this seems to work.  

a68tbird
Resolver II
Resolver II

Anyone else have any ideas on how to fix this? Again, I want the data in the visuals on each bookmarked page to update as the user goes through the bookmarks, but the month slicer has to stay consistent - it must not change according to the bookmark. So if I'm looking at Warehouse1 data for August, and then navigate to Warehouse2, it needs to show August as well.  I can't figure out how to exclude the slicer from the bookmark update. 

I've included a link to a scrubbed report here for anyone that wants to play around with it:

https://occstoragemedia.blob.core.windows.net/powerbi/ShippingAnalysis_Example.pbix

a68tbird
Resolver II
Resolver II

I'm baffled trying to configure the bookmarks.  I've attached a scrubbed version of my report here (I hope it works) - perhaps someone wants to take a stab at how the bookmarks, slicer and visuals should be configured. What I want is that when the user selects a month from the dropdown slicer, it gets applied across all of the bookmarks (Warehouse1, Warehouse2 and Internal), as well as the different pages - Shipping Costs and Product Costs (the last page - Storage Costs - doesn't have a month applied to it).  I've tried checking/unchecking Data; checking/unchecking Current Page; Selected Visuals, different combinations of all of these, but to no avail. 

Thank you in advance!

https://occstoragemedia.blob.core.windows.net/powerbi/ShippingAnalysis_Example.pbix

Hi, You used Bookmark, if want to keep filter, you need to set your bookmarks don't save filter by uncheck (x) Data (picture below)

bookmark.png

Thanks @HoangHugo , but if I do that, the visuals on the different bookmarked views won't update. If I uncheck Data from the Warehouse1 bookmark, and then navigate to Warehouse2 and then back, it displays the data from Warehouse2.  The filter for ShippingService doesn't update if I uncheck Data. 

Greg_Deckler
Super User
Super User

@a68tbird Hmm, never seen that before. You could check the Issues forum here:

https://community.powerbi.com/t5/Issues/idb-p/Issues

And if it is not there, then you could post it.

If you have Pro account you could try to open a support ticket. If you have a Pro account it is free. Go to https://support.powerbi.com. Scroll down and click "CREATE SUPPORT TICKET".

Follow on LinkedIn
@ me in replies or I'll lose your thread!!!
Instead of a Kudo, please vote for this idea
Become an expert!: Enterprise DNA
External Tools: MSHGQM
YouTube Channel!: Microsoft Hates Greg
Latest book!:
The Definitive Guide to Power Query (M)

DAX is easy, CALCULATE makes DAX hard...

OK, I believe I know what is causing this problem.  My description above was not quite accurate. I have report with three pages, the first page has three bookmarked views. As I go from bookmark to bookmark, I want the month selected in the slicer to remain the same. In fact, the slicer value should not change from page to page, or bookmark to bookmark. So it's how I'm updating the bookmark on each view. I know that there are Bookmark configurations - like Data and Selected Visuals - just trying to understand how these are applied. 

Helpful resources

Announcements
Europe Fabric Conference

Europe’s largest Microsoft Fabric Community Conference

Join the community in Stockholm for expert Microsoft Fabric learning including a very exciting keynote from Arun Ulag, Corporate Vice President, Azure Data.

Power BI Carousel June 2024

Power BI Monthly Update - June 2024

Check out the June 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

RTI Forums Carousel3

New forum boards available in Real-Time Intelligence.

Ask questions in Eventhouse and KQL, Eventstream, and Reflex.