Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

Anonymous
Not applicable

Slicer Hide values w/ No Data

Slicer = Sub Account No. (Departments) filtering current year spend by department. Currently the slicer is showing departments with no current year spend. How can I hide these departments to reduce the department list?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi,

I have the same problem, I have my customer table related to my Sales table, EBITDA Table and Overdue Table, when I look for a specific segment (which it's in my Customer table), the slicer show me all the customer in the segment with and without sales or overdue. 

How I tried to solve this:

In my model i have tables reference to the sales, and overdue table, group by Customer ID, then I union both tables and remove duplicates. with this I have the Customer id with sales, I meger this table to my main customer table, and filter to show only values with no null values. 

Hope this result for you. 

this can applied in others cases.

View solution in original post

9 REPLIES 9
JamesDiMaio

The solution is to add an additional filter to the slicer. The addition filter would be the value of whatever you are slicing. So for the example in this thread, just add sales to account no. slicer filter.

daltonrotork
Frequent Visitor

This might have been solved now - make sure the slicer is selected then click slicer on the ribbon. 

Click on "Slicer Settings" and you have the option to Hide items with no data, click this and those with no info are gone 🙂

Anonymous
Not applicable

Create a measure like INT ( NOT ISEMPTY ( FactTable ) ), use it as a visual level filter for the slicer and set it to 1.

Ashish_Mathur
Super User
Super User

Hi,

Share some data.  Show your measure here.  Also, show your expected result.

Regards,
Ashish Mathur
http://www.ashishmathur.com
https://www.linkedin.com/in/excelenthusiasts/
Anonymous
Not applicable

Capture.PNG

As you can see the slicer is showing account no. with no sales. My question is how do I hide the slicers with no sales data.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Seems like there should be an easy solution to this...Can anyone help?

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi,

I have the same problem, I have my customer table related to my Sales table, EBITDA Table and Overdue Table, when I look for a specific segment (which it's in my Customer table), the slicer show me all the customer in the segment with and without sales or overdue. 

How I tried to solve this:

In my model i have tables reference to the sales, and overdue table, group by Customer ID, then I union both tables and remove duplicates. with this I have the Customer id with sales, I meger this table to my main customer table, and filter to show only values with no null values. 

Hope this result for you. 

this can applied in others cases.

Anonymous
Not applicable
Anonymous
Not applicable

I have looked at this option. Is a work around the only way?

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.