Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn a 50% discount on the DP-600 certification exam by completing the Fabric 30 Days to Learn It challenge.

Christoph_iR

Slicer: Hide unselected entries with multiple slicers

Hello,

i am currently working on some sync slicers for my first report.

My idea is, that the user could select 3 different slicers on the first page and all the visualizations on the other pages react accordingly. I formated all slicers so that it is possible to "select all" and not possible to "single select" or to "multi-select-with CTRL". All slicers have a "horizontal" orientation.

Here is the setup:

The first slicer contains 300 colleagues

The second slicer contains 15 companies

The third slicer contains 19 positions

In the first slicer you use the "select all" option und unselect 10 different colleagues.

In the second slicer you use just select 3 companies.

In the third slicer you select only 2 positions.

The problem ist, that after setting up all the slicers, that i still see all 10 colleagues i unselected in the first slicer.

The entries are still not selected and in a lighter grey colour but they are still visible despite that they wouldn't be visible if i wouldn't have unselect them at first.

So everytime i set up the slicers and for example only 2 colleagues remain seleceted, i still see the 10 colleagues i wanted to filter out in the first place.

I know that it would be possible to use the filters to filter out these specific 10 colleagues but they are constantly changing and the long list is hard to handle in the filter section.

If i start selecting the second and the third slicer first, only 2 out of the 10 colleagues i want to unselect in the other excample are visible as unselected now.

I know it is kind of confusing so feel free to ask for clearification or additional information about the setup.

Is there a sollution or a trick how to hide unselected entries with mulitple slicers?
Any tipps and tricks how i could rework the setup are also gladly appreaciated.

Best regards,

Christoph

1 REPLY 1
amitchandak
Super User
Super User

@Christoph_iR , Not very clear. Based on what I got. Stop the interaction of slicer 1 from 2 and 3. Select slicer 2 and then 3 and disable their inaction with 1

Helpful resources

Announcements
LearnSurvey

Fabric certifications survey

Certification feedback opportunity for the community.

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.