Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

mussaenda
Super User
Super User

Slicer Header Keeps Showing

My slicer header keeps on showing

This is my Report in Desktop

desk.png

and when I publish the report, it shows like this.

service.png

even if the format pane is set to off

service format.png

I have the latest PowerBI Desktop installed.

Do you have any idea how to handle this?

Or am I the only one encountering this?

Thank you

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
mussaenda
Super User
Super User

Hi everyone,

As per my checking, they have fixed the issue and the slice header are not showing anymore if you don't want to.

Have a safe day!

View solution in original post

12 REPLIES 12
mussaenda
Super User
Super User

Hi everyone,

As per my checking, they have fixed the issue and the slice header are not showing anymore if you don't want to.

Have a safe day!

v-xicai
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @mussaenda ,

Based on my test in the latest version 2.81.5831.821 of Power BI Desktop, turned off the Slicer header of slicer visuals,  saved the pbix file and then publish to Power BI Service, the slicer header didn’t appear in Power BI Service. You may check if you have turned off the option "Slicer header" before save file and publish,  and click "Refresh" button in Power BI Service.

110.png111.png

Best Regards,

Amy 

Community Support Team _ Amy

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Hi @v-xicai ,

I am also using the same version as yours.

I encountered this poblem with my old reports.

I just republished them and when I check the service, Headers are showing.

I didn't amend anything on visuals before. And they are running okay.

But now, even if you change it in service, it is not responding.

Have you also tested the horizontal slicer and hide the header in service?

The slicer header setting is ignored in PBI Service, if the slicer orientation is set to "Horizontal". The screenshot below shows the PBI service view in the top part and the same in PBI Desktop at the bottom. I have disabled the slicer header in both visuals.

I still believe this is a bug.

image.png

Anonymous
Not applicable

We are seeing the exact same issue too.  Definitely a bug. Seems to have started last week. 

I have the same exact issue...

amitchandak
Super User
Super User

@mussaenda , before the switch of Title, remove the title name , switch it off. Clear cache republish and check

Actually this is not a title but a header of slicer.

But I followed your advice but it did not remove the header.

Do you have anyy other option?

On the service, I think slice header is not working

I've just noticed the same behaviour in my report: The slicer header is set to off in PBI Desktop, but after the publish to PBI Service the slicer header is shown. I'm using PBI Desktop 2.81.5831.821 64-bit. I believe this post should be moved to the "Service" section, as it looks like a bug in PBI Service to me.

I think the problem comes when we don't want to display the Slicer Header on the canvas. This is happening in one of my dashbaords as well and "Sad for the poor implementation" I'm using slicer as button action - earlier it was looking cool with only Slicer item appearing on the published dashboard - now suddenly the title has started appearing and looks really bad and lame.

I think MS needs to give a solution real fast.

slicer_hear_appearing.png

@FrankPreusker 

ah yes, you are right. It should be there.

Thank you for suggesting.

hope this resolves soon because it affects the layout of the reports

Hello @FrankPreusker , do you manage to solve this issue? have the same problem and can't figure it out what is going one with the slicer header.

Thanks in advance.

Alberto.

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.