Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

Anonymous
Not applicable

Single date slicer

Hi 

Can you please let me know - Singl date slicer ? End user to select one single date . Same like SSRS Parameters.

Thanks

Kunuthuri

6 REPLIES 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

Yes, again, a PAID for controll that is  required functionality.

MS / PBI Developers - This is akin to extortion.   

We can leave and choose another platform.  Please hand the control over asap. Thanks

v-piga-msft
Resident Rockstar
Resident Rockstar

Hi @Anonymous,

Do you mean the option "Single Select" under format for Slicer?

If it is, you could have a good look at this document for the details about this option.

If that is not your case, could you please describe your scenario in more details, such as what you want to do?

Best Regards,

Cherry

Community Support Team _ Cherry Gao
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi Cherry,

Thanks to reply

Below screen shot we are seeing two dates start and end. Business needs only one single date slicer default to days date slicer with calendar view. Business wants to open dates very quickly and easily. Can you please assist?

Capture10.PNG

Hi @Anonymous,

It seems that you're using the Date between slicer. As I know, the single select is only for list slicer.

For your requirement, I'm afraid we may not achieve that in Power BI currently. 

You could vote this similar idea in Power BI ideas Forum and add your comments there to improve Power BI and make this feature coming sooner.

As a workaround, you could have a try with dragging the date column to visual level filter or page level filter and select the Advanced filtering.

page filter.PNG

Best Regards,

Cherry

Community Support Team _ Cherry Gao
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi

How to Hide the start date in date slicer ?

Capture12.PNG

Display only end date?

Thanks

Kunuthuri

I really do not like solutions that involve covering up controls to make it look like it works fine.

We had many users pushing us (BI Analyts) to come up with a more professional solution that works well and looks good.

So I had to write my own custom Visual DatePicker (and go through the steep learning curve to learn all: Node Js, Ms Code, JavaScript, XML Parameters, Syncfusion parameters, Power BI compilation process, Sync calendars, etc) it took me around 2 months or more to come up with something end users would love and accept to use.

Since I didn't want to reinvent the wheel, I searched and searched all over to find some source code I could re-use inside Power BI environment. Because Power BI acts and works like a website,  I thought I should look for javascript components.  So I found and purchased the SyncFusion Essential JS 2 libraries, just to use one control, the datePicker, the other 59 controls are available for us to use at another time if we want...

A sample of how their calendar datepicker works in on their demo page... Link

Disclaimer : I don't work for SyncFusion or get paid by them to say these comments, I'm just a frustrated user that wanted a professional solution inside Power BI, which according to most users, should be out by now.

Clicking on a Day will select that date, clicking on "May 2020" will allow you to select the Month, and further down, clicking on the "2020" will allow you to select the Year. Very simple, elegant and professional.

picking a day ;

image.png

picking a Month

image.png

picking a Year :

pick a yearpick a year

This is what mine looks inside Power BI...

Users click on the Calendar Icon, and I bring the bookmark Page that contains the 

DatePicker Control.  Allowing them to select ONE, single date.

(I removed some labels from the grid, to protect the inocent :)...)

image.png

image.png

Hope this helps some people...

Andres

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.