Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Find everything you need to get certified on Fabric—skills challenges, live sessions, exam prep, role guidance, and more. Get started

ddddddt
Regular Visitor

Simple Year to Date Calculation that I cannot get to work

Hi all,

Apologies if this issue has been resolved before, I did some searching on the forums and found threads that were somewhat similar, tried to apply the advice but was unable to fix my issue.

Please see my issue below;

ddddddt_0-1647541388556.png

As seen above, I have a page with 3 measures. Two KPIs and one multi row card. My "Revenue" and "Budget Revenue" figures, highlighted in red are correct.

I have two issues;

1. My "Revenue YTD" and "BudgetYTD" figures on the multirow card are coming up blank. (Circled in Blue)

2. The "Revenue YTD" and "BudgetYTD" figures on the two KPIs are wrong. They should match the "Revenue" and "Budget Revenue". I don't know where the "-11M" and "-13.77M" is being calculated from.

Here are my measures;

ddddddt_1-1647542091299.pngddddddt_2-1647542135590.pngddddddt_3-1647542200044.pngddddddt_4-1647542269423.png

Here are my relationships;

ddddddt_5-1647542370236.png

Here is my date table sample, it has been marked as the date table;

ddddddt_6-1647542541833.png

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
PaulDBrown
Community Champion
Community Champion

The KPI visuals are probably leading to confusion: these display the values of the last date as a filter context by default. The multirow card needs an actual date reference as a filter context. You can either provide the date by a slicer, a filter or establishing it in new measures. 

see this thread for further reference:

https://community.powerbi.com/t5/Desktop/How-to-get-last-year-same-day-revenue-using-DAX/m-p/2398350... 

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution!
In doing so, you are also helping me. Thank you!

Proud to be a Super User!
Paul on Linkedin.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
ddddddt
Regular Visitor

thanks for your reply, I was able to fix the issue.

PaulDBrown
Community Champion
Community Champion

The KPI visuals are probably leading to confusion: these display the values of the last date as a filter context by default. The multirow card needs an actual date reference as a filter context. You can either provide the date by a slicer, a filter or establishing it in new measures. 

see this thread for further reference:

https://community.powerbi.com/t5/Desktop/How-to-get-last-year-same-day-revenue-using-DAX/m-p/2398350... 

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution!
In doing so, you are also helping me. Thank you!

Proud to be a Super User!
Paul on Linkedin.

Helpful resources

Announcements
July 2024 Power BI Update

Power BI Monthly Update - July 2024

Check out the July 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

PBI_Carousel_NL_June

Fabric Community Update - June 2024

Get the latest Fabric updates from Build 2024, key Skills Challenge voucher deadlines, top blogs, forum posts, and product ideas.

Top Solution Authors