Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

lchari

Showing metric and corresponding currency based on slicer selection

Hi,

I have 2 metrics one in USD and the other in EURO.

Based on selection of slicer (USD or EURO), i want to show that metric along with the currency.

Assuming "InvoiceGrossAmount" is in USD, "InvoiceNetAmount" is in EURO. As showing in following images, the metric values are showing up correctly. But how do i show currency symbol also along with the metric value?

1.PNG2.PNG

Thanks in advance.

Regards, Chari.

3 REPLIES 3
v-haibl-msft
Employee
Employee

@lchari

One measure can only be defined one currency format. So we cannot show multiple currency symbols for measure of ShowedMetric dynamically.

An workaround is to use two measures and clustered column chart. We can create one measure for one currency, and define one currency symbol for it.

Showing metric and corresponding currency based on slicer selection_1.jpgShowing metric and corresponding currency based on slicer selection_2.jpgShowing metric and corresponding currency based on slicer selection_3.jpgShowing metric and corresponding currency based on slicer selection_4.jpg 

Best Regards,

Herbert

Hi Robert,

Thanks for your response. Much appreciate it.

Your solution works partially. Here are the additional challenges iam facing, post implementing your suggestion

- I am not able to add any field for the color legend. In your example, i want to color sticks based on the x-axis values (different color for each stick).

- Not able to sort the order of sticks asc/desc. Sorting is done only on metrics shown in the report. As our metric is dynamic, the sorting doesnt always work.

Regards, Chari.

@lchari

Yes, there are several limitations for this alternative. But as I said before, one measure can only be defined one currency format. So we cannot show multiple currency symbols for measure of ShowedMetric dynamically with the initial solution.

Best Regards,
Herbert

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.